Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Third Blog: Game.Play.Simulation

Words are like an enigma. They are mysterious and have a lot of meanings. Three words that I would like to discuss today are Game, Play and Simulation. When I hear the word play I think of it as being something you put into action. For example I play video games so I'm interacting with the video game and I'm putting it into action. When we use the word "game" we are talking about something competitive and puts you into a challenge. Many examples are football, hockey and boxing. I know when I see a game because there should be competition and challenges. Simulation is the toughest word for me here as I think it would mean to immitate something or put yourself in the place of another real thing. An example of simulation is acting because you put yourself in the place of another and pretend to be them. These are my definition of these terms and please do tell me what you think of them.

3 comments:

Lisha said...

I Like the way you put everything together.You got striaght to the point and explained what the word means. You got striaht to the point.

Shekira said...

I like the way u started off your blog. I couldnt really think of how to sart mine

Dereck.Garcia said...

I think me and you were thinking along the same lines. I like what you said about simulation it took me a while to get my thoughts clear seems like you had no problem with that. That's what I thought of when I thought of games but I didn't know if it was right or not. Nice explanations.